I thought I would continue the theme and give you some advice about cleaning your washing machine door seal.
• Clean Your Door Seal: Use a rag or towel to clean the rubber door gasket on a front loading machine with either hot soapy water or a spritz of mildew cleaner. Make sure to wipe underneath and around it as well. Be prepared for some slime and gunk and possibly a stray sock or two!
• Dry Door Seal: Be sure to wipe the door seal dry after a wash and leave the door open to allow the air to circulate.
• Clean Dispensers: Remove the detergent dispensers and give them a good scrubbing. If you can’t remove them, clean them as best you can using a bottle or pipe cleaner to reach back into the crevices.
• Run Cleaning Cycle: Next, run an empty wash cycle on the longest water setting or tub cleaning cycle you have. Add one of the following to the wash tub:
o 1 cup of bleach
o 1 cup of baking soda
o A washing machine de-scaler or detergent
• Run a Rinse Cycle: Run a rinse cycle to ensure all bleach or cleaner is out of the machine before the next wash. Leave your door open.
• Repeat Cleaning Cycle: If the problem persists repeat the cleaning cycle and consider using a different washing powder. Powder or powder capsules are best for your machine as opposed to a liquid. Bear in mind it may take several cycles to get rid of bad odours.
• Professional Help: If you have tried every way to clean your washing machine and it still smells you may have mould growing back behind the drum or possibly a clogged drain or filter. One of our qualified engineers can check this for you and replace the door rubber if needed.